The goal of the workshops is to train researchers and clinicians affiliated to ERN- Full Members or – Affiliated Partners in relevant topics on research in rare diseases. Training themes may include innovative research methodologies, diagnostic research methodologies, interdisciplinary treatment approaches, such as gene therapy and transplantation, etc. Moreover, the workshops will be aiming to provide a cross-ERN added value.
The workshops will be delivered as two-day events. Topics can be proposed by clinicians/investigators affiliated to ERN-institutions or EJP RD beneficiaries.
Topics will be selected taking into consideration several elements such as:
- Addressing cross-cutting issues relevant for ERNs
- Multidisciplinary topics
- Fostering collaboration (within and between ERNs)
- No overlap with other EJP RD training activities
- Relevance of the topic for the ERN(s)
- Benefits for the RD community
- Appropriate training methodology
The workshops selected for funding will be attended only by individuals affiliated to ERN institutions. Participants will be selected by the coordinator of the ERN managing institution and the workshop organizer based on pre-defined criteria. The costs for the workshop organization will be covered up to a limit of € 25.000. These include the costs and fees typically charged by the event venue, administrative, audio-visual and IT facilities essential for the workshop, catering, travel and accommodation expenses of workshops participants and invited speakers (if envisaged).
The applicant submitting workshop topics must fulfil one of the following conditions:
- Affiliated to any EJP RD beneficiary institution.
- Affiliated to an ERN Full Member.
- Affiliated to an ERN Affiliated Partner institution at the time when the application is submitted, as well as during the period of the execution of the workshop.
More information, the complete call text and the application form can be found on this page.
The call closes on 4 October 2021.
Research Mobility Fellowship (Call to open soon: 18 October for six weeks)
The call for Research Mobility Fellowships aims to financially support PhDs, Postdocs and medical doctors in training to undertake short scientific visits (secondments) fostering specialist research training outside their countries of residence.
More information will follow in October 2021.
EJP RD-funded training events
- MOOC “Diagnosing Rare Diseases: from the Clinic to Research and back”
Starting from 4 October 2021
- Pluripotent stem cells for rare disease research: banking, data, application
25 - 27 October 2021
Registration deadline: 27 September 2021