The Ataxia Global Initiatives website is live!
The Ataxia Global Initiatives is a worldwide platform for clinical research in ataxias made up of two ataxia initiatives: SCA Global and ARCA Global.
About SCA GLOBAL
SCA Global is an initiative for clinical research in Spinocerebellar Ataxias (SCAs). Currently, there is no cure for any SCA and there remain major knowledge gaps that preclude further progress towards development of effective therapies.
This is why SCA Global is conceived as a flexible and open research platform, with which we wish to pursue the following goals:
- To better understand the manifestation, evolution and impact of the various SCAs
- To develop and validate biomarkers which can be used in future interventional trials
- To facilitate access to people with SCAs who are willing to participate in clinical trials
About arca global
ARCA Global is a worldwide network initiative for translational and clinical research in Autosomal-recessive Cerebellar Ataxias (ARCAs), excluding Friedreich’s Ataxia and Ataxia Telangiectasia for which separate initiatives exist. Its main action points are the following:
- aggregate registry-inventoried ARCA cohorts from across the world
- perform genetic fingerprinting of unsolved ARCA patients, including defining novel ARCA genes and pathways
- lead standardized preclinical compound trials in ARCA model systems & chart the natural history of ARCAs
- establish trial-ready clinical, imaging and molecular outcome measures for ARCAs & implement first-in-man drug trials in ARCAs
Find out more about both ataxia initiatives on the Ataxia Global Initiatives website here.