We would like to invite you to sign the manifesto for a European Health Union to strengthen our call to all Members of Parliaments and European leaders for a better EU role in health. It also includes rare diseases.
The goals of a European Health Union will be to:
- Strive for the health and wellbeing of all Europeans, with no one left behind;
- Strengthen solidarity within and among Member States, based on the principle of progressive universalism, providing support, including universal health coverage, for all, but with particular attention to the needs of those who are disadvantaged;
- Ensure environmental sustainability, by adopting the European Green Deal and prioritising measures to promote One Health, the concept that links our health with that of the animals and plants with which we share this planet;
- Provide security for all Europeans, protecting them from the major threats to health and from the vulnerability that is created by living a precarious existence;
- Enable everyone’s voice to be heard, so that policies that affect their health are created with them and not for them.
The more signatures are collected, the more impact our voices will have.
Please share this link with as many people as possible to ensure that the best health and wellbeing are always provided and guaranteed for ALL European citizens.